Public Sector Undertakings Recruitment Through GATE
Register For Free Demo
Crack your GATE Exam in first try! Register
Public Sector Undertakings or PSUs are government-owned organizations – either by the Indian Government or the State Government that run private companies and share profits with the respective Governments. PSU Recruitment through GATE takes place every year to fill up the available technical posts in various PSU organizations. The recruitment is based on the marks scored by the candidates in the GATE exam.
PSU Recruitment through GATE has been increasing drastically even since 2012. Note that the only eligibility criteria to get recruited by PSU is by having a valid GATE score. Here is a list of some of the major companies that recruit based on GATE score:
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL),
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL),
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL),
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL),
- National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC),
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL),
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and Power
- Grid Corporation of India (PGCI)
PSUs in India are classified into four types based on several parameters such as the Indian Stock Exchange, global presence, annual revenue, and income generated.
BHEL, CIL, GAIL, IOCL, NTPC, ONGC, SAIL, and BPCL
BEL, CCI, EIL, HAL, HPCL, MTNL, NACL, NBCL, Oil Indian Limited, Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, and much more
Airports Authority of India, BEML Limited, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited, KIOCL Limited, THDC India Limited, and much more
Miniratna Category-II CPSEs
Bharat Pumps & Compressors Limited, Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Limited, Engineering Projects (India) Limited, Ferro Scrap Nigam Limited, HMT (International) Limited, National Film Development Corporation Limited, and much more
Written exam for PSUs that do not consider GATE score includes the following sections:
- Technical Knowledge
- General English
- General Aptitude & Reasoning
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
If you’re planning to get placed in one of the PSUs, make sure you get updated with current affairs. Develop a habit to read newspapers, magazines, and major events. Utilize the training offered by GATE Digest at the earliest to score high.
PSUs – The Extras
1. Usually, PSUs don’t reveal the syllabus and paper pattern for exams. So, chances are there for candidates to get confused about syllabus and paper pattern. However, GATE Digest guides you throughout the PSU recruitment process and helps you with sorting the syllabus.
2. For certain PSUs, GATE score is a criterion. In that case, candidates have to directly take up the personal interview or a group discussion followed by a personal interview.
3. For all other PSUs’ where the GATE score is not a criterion, the candidate has to clear the entrance exam that is conducted by the respective PSU. Followed by this, the candidate has to attend a group discussion and a personal interview.
4. Those PSUs that are not recruiting through GATE have their recruiting process throughout the year, especially between May and September. This is because PSUs want to include the candidates who are in their final year as well.
- Eligibility: Majority of the PSUs expect candidates to clear the GATE exam
- Age: 22 to 40 years (completely depends on the organization you apply)
- Degree of Competitiveness: Highly competitive